Published Tuesday, 29 December, 2009 by SleepyZebra
1. Fry the bacon if you've not already done so. Chop it into little bits (about 1cm long) and set aside, reserving the fat.
2. Put the fat and some olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry off the veggies until golden brown,EXCEPT the onion.
3. Take 2 tsp of the veg oil/fat mix and stir in your spices. Fry the onion in this, and add into the veggies.
4. Add your stock into the big saucepan and mix through the veggies. You need more stock if you can't move the veggies about easily.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Cool. When you can taste it and not burn yourself, you're good to go.
7. Add in the cream slowly.
8. Strain the mixture through a sieve. Save the liquid.
9. Blend or mash the veggies.
10. Add these into the liquid you saved from straining.
11. Strain again.
12. Add the bacon and heat through slowly.
This is such a good idea! Thanks, Silverspoon for uploading!